Organizations that perform well where work involves risk are those with leadership that understand the importance of safety. Dedication to the identification of workplace hazards and the formation of an inclusive safety culture demonstrate leadership with a long-term view. What is it that these leaders know about safety?
- Safety is efficient.
By employing certified safety professionals, an organization is employing specialists who ensure their team members' work remains productive and focused.
- Safety is effective.
By preventing incidents and injury through workplace planning, training, and mitigating hazards; goals are achieved and projects are completed on schedule.
- Safety is engaging.
Those who demonstrate a commitment to safety often see an increase in workplace morale as well as engagement in the identification of potential issues before those issues become major problems, ensuring all workers go home to their families at the end of the day.
Safety certification is the best method to ensure a high level of safety expertise in your organization. A certification in safety:
- Proves safety professionals’ expertise by rigorous examination.
- Enhances the reputation of a company by having certified individuals in safety, health, and environmental positions.
- Improves relations of company within safety, health, and environmental community.
- Exemplifies enhanced professional credibility because of standards of practice required to maintain certification.
- Demonstrates to customers, competitors, and government agencies that your safety professionals have been reviewed and tested by an impartial commission and deemed to have met nationally or internationally accepted criteria.
- Provides a "peer-based" examination to assess employee competency.
- Encourages certificants to stay updated on consensus standards, laws, regulations, and licenses affecting areas of safety, health, and the environment.
If you would like to use safety certification in your organization, contact our Business Development Manager, Nancy I. Colone, or our Business Growth and Partnership Director, Joshua J. Franklin, MBA, CSP, SMS, CET, CPCU, ARM.